As members of a Christian teaching and learning community responsible for guiding and modelling personal growth, reflection and a commitment to lifelong learning – and as employees responsible for the delivery of educational programming and instruction – we make opportunities for professional development a priority.
LCS is committed to supporting its educational, support and administrative staff by providing fair and equitable compensation and an outstanding, respectful and growth-focused work environment.
What we offer
- Teachers set their own growth goals and regularly self-evaluate their impact on learning.
- Teachers engage in weekly Professional Learning Communities every Friday morning and receive 180 minutes of prep.
- We invest in professional development to provide teachers with opportunities, books, resources, workshops or other materials for further growth.
- Financial support is available for master’s degree or certification programs.
- Generous strategic investments are made in professional development for Educational Assistants and non-educational staff.
- Our Impact and Innovation Fund places grants in the hands of staff who submit proposals to the Senior Leadership for projects or ideas that would greatly benefit students and propel them to thrive.
- Very competitive wages and salaries for all positions.
- Much more prep and common planning time than local schools.
- Collaborative learning time every Friday morning (75 minutes) so teachers can plan for professional and student success.
- Comprehensive extended health and dental plan.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Generous 8.05% matching pension plan.
- Two personal days per year.
COMMUNITY UNITED IN PURPOSE
There are few schools in our region where staff will feel as appreciated and connected, or where you will come to work everyday with a sense of purpose (see our vision) and the support of dedicated colleagues and families who deeply care about you.
Our leadership team works hard to create a culture where the policies and structures support everyone’s success. We’re a family of families.
“It has been a sincere pleasure working at this school… At LCS, my faith grew as I got to know more about how great God is and how He works through people by teaching the Bible and learning so much from other staff members’ devotions, chapels, and my relationship with the students. This special experience is something that I will forever cherish.”Jessica Juyoung Song, GRADE 1 TEACHER
Come work with us and transform a community…
Join our team
A career at LCS is an opportunity to serve a community and thrive in a collaborative, supportive environment with great lifestyle advantages along with competitive compensation and benefits.