great purpose. greater community.
As members of a Christian teaching and learning community responsible for guiding and modelling personal growth, reflection and a commitment to lifelong learning – and as employees responsible for the delivery of educational programming and instruction – we make opportunities for professional development a priority.
LCS is committed to supporting its educational, support and administrative staff by providing fair and equitable compensation by offering the following:
What we offer
- Teachers set their own growth goals and regularly self-evaluate their impact on learning.
- Teachers engage in weekly Professional Learning Communities every Friday morning and receive 180 minutes of prep.
- We invest in professional development to provide teachers with opportunities, books, resources, workshops or other materials for further growth.
- Financial support is available for master’s degree or certification programs.
- Generous strategic investments are made in professional development for Educational Assistants and non-educational staff.
- Our Impact and Innovation Fund places grants in the hands of staff who submit proposals to the Senior Leadership for projects or ideas that would greatly benefit students and propel them to thrive.
- Compensation and benefits competitive with local public and independent schools.
- Preparation (250 minutes per week) and collaborative learning time so teachers can plan for professional and student success.
- Comprehensive extended health and dental plan.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Generous 8.05% matching pension plan.
- Two personal days per year.
There are few schools in our region where staff will feel as appreciated and connected, or where you will come to work everyday with a sense of purpose (see our vision) and the support of dedicated colleagues and families who deeply care about you.
Our leadership team works hard to create a culture where the policies and structures support everyone’s success. We’re a family of families.
Join our team
A career at LCS is an opportunity to serve a community and thrive in a collaborative, supportive environment with great lifestyle advantages along with competitive compensation and benefits.