- The PHO advises that closing schools is not appropriate or advised at this time. Health officials will be working with stakeholders in the education sector during spring break to continue monitoring the pandemic and B.C.’s response to it.
- The PHO is advising against all non-essential travel outside Canada, including to the United States. She adds that if you do travel outside of Canada, then you must self-isolate and stay away from school or work for 14 days upon return. LCS will participate in enforcing this advisory.
- Gatherings and events larger than 250 people, should not be held or should be cancelled.
- Workplaces are urged to think about ways to create space for people, to accommodate social distancing and develop solutions to allow staff to work from home.
- Decisions about school closures should be made by public health officials in cooperation with FISA BC, school districts and the Ministry of Education.
- While there have been a small number of school closures in B.C. this week, medical health officers have not advised that those steps are necessary at this time.
COMMUNITY USER GROUPS AND FACILITY ACCESS:
- Access to the LCS campus will be restricted to Operations Staff only from Wednesday, March 25 until 6:00am on Monday, March 30.
- All community user groups will be cancelled from 9:00pm, March 22 until 6:00am on Monday, March 30.
- Users or faculty may NOT have access to LCS at any time during the restrictions.
- Information about COVID-19, including advice and guidance to schools, is regularly updated on the BC Centre for Disease Control site: http://www.bccdc.ca/Health-Info-Site/Documents/COVID19_schools_childcare_guidelines.pdf Please routinely check this site and its resources.
- All joint statements from Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry and Minister of Health Adrian Dix are posted here: https://news.gov.bc.ca/ministries/health
- The Provincial Pandemic Coordination plan: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/health/about-bc-s-health-care-system/office-of-the-provincial-health-officer/reports-publications/pandemic-provincial-coordination-plan.pdf
- KIDS and COVID-19 QA: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/coronavirus-(novel)#For–schools–and–childcare
- CBC Kids along with the PHO produced a kid-centric Q and A video about COVID-19: https://www.cbc.ca/kidsnews/post/watch-coronavirus-facts-versus-fiction
- Ministry of Health response plans – https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/about-bc-s-health-care-system/office-of-the-provincial-health-officer/current-health-topics/pandemic-influenza
- Novel Coronavirus Q&A from HealthLinkBC: https://www.healthlinkbc.ca/health-feature/coronavirus
- BC Centre for Disease Control: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/coronavirus-(novel)
- Government of Canada – Novel Coronavirus in China Travel Health Notice: https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/health-safety/travel-health-notices/210