Langley Christian School is run by the LCS Society´s Board of Directors. All members of the LCS Society in good standing are eligible to serve on the Board. Nominations are received in the Spring and are voted on at the Annual General Meeting in May. The term of service for Directors is generally three years.
You can email the LCS Board at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We have much to be thankful for at Langley Christian School. To date, LCS is one of the largest Christian Schools in BC operating two campuses with an enrolment of over 1,000 students.
Our strategic board is committed to on-going evaluation and review as well as future planning. The Board is working collaboratively with the Strategic Leadership Team and Head of School to begin a process of developing a strategic plan that will ensure that LCS continues to provide relevant and distinctive Christian 21st century education for an emerging world that few of us can imagine.
Without God’s faithfulness and your commitment to the school’s existence, LCS would not have a 55 year legacy of providing Christian education in the greater Langley area. The Board celebrates what God has done through LCS and looks forward to God’s favour as we anticipate our development over the next several years.
The Head of School is responsible for promoting the mission, vision and values of the school, and providing leadership for the Strategic Leadership Team. The Strategic Leadership Team (SLT) is our primary leadership team that works collaboratively to provide day-to-day administration and oversight of all that we do, and ensures that we have the components in place to make LCS an exceptional organization to teach and learn at. The SLT also gathers data from surveys and demographic projections and initiates discussion on possible future developments and projects.
- Principals K-12 (educational leadership & programming)
- Finance Director (fiscal planning, staffing & human resources)
- Operations Director (facilities, grounds, custodial, transportation, technology)
- Development Director (alumni, fundraising, promotions, community engagement)
The Educational Leadership Team are our future SLT and are cultivating their leadership skills – they are the boots on the ground working with staff and students in classrooms and who ensure that students experience a distinctively Christian educational experience. At each of our campuses there are also campus-based leadership teams.
- Principals & Assistant Principals
- K-12 Special Education Coordinator
- Indigenous Education Chair
The Central Office Team works behind the scenes to ensure that our school is effectively run, that we are efficiently processing admissions applications, that resources are available to our campuses and that our story is being told well and we are connected and intentionally building community.
- Community Relations Coordinator
- Communications & Marketing Coordinator
- Human Resources Executive Assistant
- Business Admin Assistant
- Development Admin Assistant
The LCS Board has established committees whose terms of reference require them to focus on various aspects of the school. As the Board’s representative, the Head of School is a member of each forum. The Head of School ensures that LCS policy is developed and implemented in each forum and reports forum activities, goals and decisions to the Board.
Educational Leadership Team: Provides instructional leadership K-12.
- Develops K-12 school-wide professional growth plan
- Collects and analyzes student achievement data
- Supervises instruction and provides coaching for faculty
- Operationalizes Strategic Plan at school-level
Finance Committee: Provides input, advice and planning for fiscal operations, specifically;
- For current and multi-year budgets
- Enforces and recommends fiscal policy
Employee Relations Steering Committee: Provides direction and represents teaching and support faculty perspectives in developing Human Resources related policy and compensation decision-making.
- Provides feedback on compensation proposals and HR policies
- Represents staff in disputes with the HOS
- Communicates and liaisons between faculty and the HOS
- Ensures administrative compliance with WCB regulations
- Provides a voice for staff wellness
Board Development Committee: Provides direction for the LCS Board of Trustees in terms of:
- Recommending Board and Chair succession
- Learning opportunities for Trustees
- Auditing Board initiatives and goals