A year at LCMS is filled from start to finish with one sport after another. The year starts off with Cross Country, which takes us into the end of October. Meanwhile, our Volleyball program for grades 6-8 gets into full swing starting in September and finishing up near the end of November. We then jump straight into our Basketball program, which starts up in beginning of December and continues until the end of February. After spring break we start up our badminton league which is quickly followed by our Track and Field team which takes us into June. We end off the year with an Ultimate Frisbee tournament that we run in house for all of our Middle School students. In total, we have six different sports offered at LCMS with a total of 23 teams representing our school.
LCMS Middle School participates in a variety of leagues. Teams from Grades 6-7 participate in the Christian Elementary School Sports League (CESS). LCMS also participates in the Langley Elementary School Sports League which provides us with a wide range of games we can play within Langley community. The focus for these grades is on participation, teamwork and fostering a discipleship to all those we play with and against.
The grade 8 students participate in the British Columbia Christian Schools Athletic Association (BCCSSAA), Langley District School Association (LDSSA), as well as British Columbia School Sports (BCSS). The Grade 8 athletic program is more competitive in design with the teams participating in a higher number of games and tournaments.
To equip students to develop their gifts to their full potential and to develop Christ like discernment by providing opportunities for physical, intellectual, social, emotional, and spiritual development through the pursuit of athletic excellence.
- To glorify God through the care and training of the student’s physical body.
- To encourage students to discover, develop, and refine their God-given athletic gifts and talents.
- To provide an avenue for students to express their love for God through athletic success.
- To provide an opportunity for male and female students to participate in athletic competition. Athletic success is determined by individual and team growth, skill development, playing to potential, and winning.
- To provide an organized recreational activities program that operates during lunch hour.
- To promote unity between LCS students, faculty, parents, the Langley community, and the broader Christian school community through a common identity and supportive fellowship.