At Langley Christian School we carefully select Homestay Families who are supportive of the International Student Program and who can provide a safe, secure, Christian home environment for the student. Host families recognize that the opportunity to host an International student can provide an avenue for families to develop a friendship with someone of a totally different culture. The friendship grows from an understanding and acceptance of two different cultures that the student and family introduce to each other.
Host families are encouraged to make their Homestay student a part of the family. Students are encouraged to participate fully in family life and to become involved in the life of the Host Family's church.
We believe that the ideal situation for any student is to live with their parents or parent however we acknowledge that this is not always a possibility for International Students. Langley Christian School offers Homestay opportunities to students who are in Grade 9 and above, all other students must reside with a parent or parents. If students are requiring Homestay the school reserves the right to select a suitable home for the student.
EXPECTATIONS OF HOST FAMILIES
Hosting International Students is a wonderful opportunity to develop a friendship with someone of a totally different culture. The friendship grows from an understanding and acceptance of two different cultures that the student and family introduce to each other.
Our expectations of Host Families are the following:
- To provide a safe, secure, Christian home environment for the student.
- To provide consistency between the home and school so that the vision of Langley Christian Middle/High School is encouraged. In as much as is possible, to ensure that the student abides by the School’s Code of Conduct.
- To ensure that the student develops a relationship with a local Church and its programs. Homestay families should also involve their student in their regular devotional time
- House members are to be proficient in English and are to speak English when student is present.
- ALL household members agree to host a student.
- Host families shall provide adequate sleeping quarters. (Bed, desk, dress, closet and bed linens)
- Host families shall provide nutritional, well-balanced meals.
- Host families should not expect students to maintain their house or yard; or baby sit their children or cook their meals.
- Household members should be willing to involve the students in activities and outings.
- Household members do not abuse alcohol or drugs.
All members of the Host family who are over the age of 18 will submit to a Criminal Record check at their own expense.
For more information on becoming a Homestay Family with Langley Christian School, please read the Homestay Program Guide:
LCS Homestay Program Guide
Registration: International Student Registration Information