We believe that God, the master creator reveals himself through the world around us and has provided each individual with creativity. In response, we acknowledge God’s goodness and seek for students to develop their skills in Drama, Music, and Visual Arts. The Fine Arts exist to prepare students for a life of service and leadership to their community through a commitment to excellence.
Understanding that all of life is an act of worship, we wish to develop in our students’ deliberate Christian worldviews in their perspectives of the musical, theatrical and artistic world through exposure to a wider world of Fine Arts.
We believe the Fine Arts:
- honour God and give a picture of our worldview. Understanding the paradox where Scripture speaks of “creation as both gloriously beautiful and tainted by sin”, there is a tension experienced in the world in which we live. The Fine Arts Department at LCHS believes that ‘every square inch’ of God’s creation will be redeemed and transformed for eternity, and must take that to heart in our creation of music, dramatic productions and art making;
- provide opportunity for students to see and experience beauty in well-created music, drama and visual art; to express their faith and beliefs through their productions; to enjoy creating -- appreciating their own talents as well as the talents of others; to develop a refinement of skill both individually and corporately;
- celebrate God’s ‘everyday goodness’ to us;
- challenge students to prepare for and discover their life calling to God and their community;
- are a response to creation, to life, to God.